SPARXiQ – Remote
Senior Director, P2Pro and Content 2023-present
Director, Empower Instructional Design & Content Strategy 2022-2023
- Lead initiative to create and manage content to drive knowledge transfer for billion-dollar companies.
- Edited award-winning 2.5-hour educational web series about virtual communication technology with Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- Produced six tech tip videos for an award-winning training campaign to teach professionals to leverage technology for remote work.
- Created nine tutorial videos about learning and content management systems for internal and external strategic communication.
- Create strategies to incorporate emerging technologies and leverage AI for training and communication.
- Created 80 wireframes, UX and UI prototype for new app using Adobe XD.
- Produced and edited video campaign to promote new artificial intelligence app, Amicus Brain.
- Created generative AI image prompts to launch innovative new website re-design for P2Pro.com.
- Support marketing initiatives with digital media production, webinar and conference presentations.
- Support sales effectiveness across industrial manufacturer and distributor clients.
- Videos I produced and edited were recognized with the following awards:
- 2023 Telly Award Silver Craft Cinematography: L&H 75th Anniversary Video
- 2023 Telly Award Silver Online Commercial: Virtual Selling promo
- 2023 Telly Award Silver Corporate Image: Breaking the Mold reel
- 2023 Telly Award Bronze Remote Production: Virtual Selling Series
- 2023 Telly Award Gold Corporate Image: L&H 90-sec promo
- 2023 Telly Award Gold Craft Directing: L&H 75th Anniversary video
- 2023 Telly Award Silver Educational Training: Tech Tips videos
- 2023 Telly Award Silver Corporate Image: L&H 30-sec promo
- 2023 Telly Award People’s Bronze Telly Branded Content: Virtual Selling Series
- 2023 Telly Award People’s Bronze Telly Online Commercial: Breaking the Mold
University of South Florida Tampa, FL – Remote
Digital and Video Production Instructor 2019-2022
Digital Journalism Visiting Instructor 2017-2019
Broadcast News Adjunct Instructor 2015-2017
- Received the 2020-2021 Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award, which recognizes excellence and innovation in teaching and learning experience design.
- Taught 38 classes about TV production, digital media, storytelling, videography, video editing, writing, social media and web design totaling 1,237 hours of live in-person training and 550 hours of live online training.
- Oversaw $1.8 million renovation at WUSF-TV studios for the Zimmerman School of Advertising and Mass Communications as part of a partnership with USF’s instructional design team.
- Served on several hiring committees for the Zimmerman School and Provost Office.
- Led high-level content strategy for adult education with chief technology officer, engineering manager and product managers as co-chair of enabling technology and digital communities committees.
- Created and implemented learning and development training for faculty as school’s first innovation fellow.
- Designed and created interactive learning experiences using 360-degree media, AR and VR.
- Used strategic instructional design principles including Bloom’s Taxonomy, SAM and ADDIE to create online courses on Canvas LMS using Articulate 360 Storyline, Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Teams, and Box.
- Created style guide and increased engagement as the Zimmerman School website and social media manager.
- Maintained 4.9 out of 5 student evaluation of instructor rating, which is the highest rating in the school.
- Courses I designed, developed, and taught were recognized with the following awards:
- 2022 National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Suncoast Student Production Award for TV show about Trayvon Martin’s legacy.
- 2021 Telly Award and Emmy nomination for TV show about how VR and AR will save education.
- 2021 Telly Award for TV show about voter suppression in 2020 election.
- 2021 Telly Award for TV show about Florida re-opening during the pandemic.
- 2021 Telly Award for TV show about the pandemic’s impact on small businesses.
- 2021 Telly Award for TV show about racial disparities in COVID-19 healthcare.
- 2020 Tampa Bay Association of Black Journalists Best Online Story Award for video about Sarasota’s first Black mayor.
- 2020 Tampa Bay Association of Black Journalists awarded thousands of dollars in scholarships to students of color for the social justice series I oversaw that aired on Tampa’s PBS TV station.
- 2018 Tampa Bay Association of Black Journalists First Place Radio Feature Award for “Telling Tampa Bay Stories” series that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hashtag Our Stories Tampa, FL – Remote
Mobile Journalist 2019
- Produced and reported video stories at international solutions journalism company for teens and young adults that got millions of views on Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Trained people to use cell phones to create selfie journalism stories for social media that celebrate diversity.
- Developed story ideas that challenge prejudice and empower underrepresented communities.
University of South Florida Tampa, FL – Remote
Virtual Tour Producer 2018-2019
- Produced 360-degree photo shoots and videos to showcase USF colleges on VR campus tours.
- Edited VR photos and videos with Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop, Premiere Pro for YouVisit virtual tour platform.
- Strategized with USF college leaders and subject matter experts to craft messaging and visuals for virtual tour.
WFLA NBC 8 Tampa, FL
News Producer 2013-2016
- Developed, launched and oversaw five new newscasts on traditional and virtual sets in America’s 11th largest TV market for Tampa’s NBC station.
- Trained producers to write conversational and impactful news scripts.
- Trained producers to strategically craft TV shows to increase Nielsen ratings.
- Worked with graphic design team to create compelling visuals to enhance storytelling.
- Interviewed subject matter experts and helped them concisely and clearly communicate complex information.
- Assigned videographers and directed video editors.
- Worked closely with director to lead live breaking news coverage.
- Enhanced workflow with promotions department and enabled team to drive ratings by working ahead to discover compelling stories earlier in the editorial process.
San Diego Union-Tribune U-T TV San Diego, CA
Assistant News Director 2013
- Managed team of executive producers, content creators, engineers, producers and social media managers in America’s 28th largest TV market that won five Emmy Awards.
- Trained 125 print and digital journalists on broadcast and social platforms.
- Analyzed qualitative data from focus groups to improve content creation and distribution.
- Analyzed quantitative data from Nielsen ratings to hone company’s communication strategies.
- Created and oversaw a $5.5 million budget.
- Managed commercial production.
- Promoted to Assistant News Director for exceeding goals.
Executive Producer 2012
- Launched TV station from the ground up as U-T TV’s first executive producer.
- Led build of state-of-the-art digital TV facility and live streaming platform.
- Hired team of 65 that included managers, talent, producing staff, and production crew.
- Created 13 new TV shows including news, entertainment, lifestyle and sports.
KGTV ABC 10 San Diego, CA
News Producer 2009-2012
- Won an Emmy Award for my work as an assignment editor.
- Line produced live morning and midday newscasts.
- Published AP-style digital stories and photos on 10news.com.
Museum of Science and Industry Tampa, FL
- Documented and analyzed how children interact with museum exhibits to strategize ways to enhance learning in engaging environments.
- Researched how multimedia impacts early childhood development.
WEDU PBS Tampa, FL
Production Assistant 2007-2008
- Assisted in the production of live and pre-taped TV shows and commercial production as a videographer, lighting/set designer, and grip.
- Assisted in the production of “Meet the Press” and “Washington Week.”
PhD in Curriculum and Instruction in Instructional Technology at the University of South Florida
Master of Arts in Digital Journalism & Design at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg
Bachelor of Arts in Broadcast News at the University of South Florida Tampa
- Articulate 360: Interactive Learning 2021
- Articulate Storyline Essential Training 2021
- CITI Social and Behavioral Responsible Conduct of Research 2021
- Hootsuite Platform Certification 2020
- Mobile Journalism Certification earned at the Knight Center for Journalism 2019
- Online Instructor Certification earned at the University of South Florida 2017
- Camtasia Instructor Certification earned at the University of South Florida 2017
- Instructional design, learning experience design, instructor-led training ILD, learning, and development L&D
- Adult learning theory and instructional design strategies for performance-based outcomes
- Remote communication: Slack, Google Suite, Microsoft Suite, Discord, Box, Skype, Zoom, Teams
- Leadership: organization development, recruiting, hiring, training, mentoring, group facilitation
- Program management: managing details, collaborating with stakeholders, delivering projects on deadline
- Strategic communication, influencing senior leaders/stakeholders
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Cloud file management, content management systems, media workflow, and management
- Presenting, lecturing, public speaking
- eLearning authoring with Articulate 360: Storyline 360 and Rise 360
- Video editing with Adobe Premiere Pro
- Web design and development with WordPress and basic HTML and CSS
- Learning management system Canvas
- Writing: AP-Style, APA, broadcast, script, copy
- Research paper, “Creating Immersive Online Learning Experiences with 360-Degree Gameplay” presented at 2023 AECT International Convention, in Orlando.
- Presented research paper at 2023 International Symposium on Education titled, “A systematic literature review of VR devices and their potential to promote learning in higher education” in South Korea.
- Produced and edited video presentations for AI app, Amicus Brain, at CES (Consumer Electronic Show) in Las Vegas 2023.
- Presented research paper at 2022 Association for Educational Communications & Technology International Convention titled, “Tools to Create Interactive Digital Communities as our World Embraces Virtual Learning.”
- Invited to speak about emerging technology for the “International Perspectives of Media Studies Experts” lecture series at Masaryk University in the Czech Republic in 2021.
- Presented research paper at 2021 Association for Educational Communications & Technology International fall conference titled, “The Loneliness Lesson: What the Pandemic Taught Teachers About Fostering Digital Communities with Interactive E-Books.”
- Presented paper at 2021 Association for Educational Communications & Technology Summer Research Symposium titled, “Forged In Fire: A Case Study of How the Class Of COVID-19 Empowered Unheard Communities in the Fight for Social Justice.”
- Presented keynote address at Mobile Movie Days MOJO conference in the Netherlands, Oct. 2019 about how mobile journalism is exposing injustices, breaking stereotypes and making a positive impact in our communities.
- Featured on panel to discuss how to use innovative technology to fight fake news and misinformation at the Mobile Movie Days MOJO conference in the Netherlands, Oct. 2019.
- Presented session about producing student TV news broadcasts during a pandemic at the National High School Journalism Convention Nov. 2020.
- Prepared and led mobile video and selfie journalism workshop at the Florida College System Publications Association Conference in Tampa, Nov. 2019.
- Taught storytelling workshop at the Florida College System Publications Association Conference in Jan. 2019.
- 2023 – Book title: “Toward Inclusive Learning Design: Social Justice, Equity, and Community.” Chapter title: “Forged in Fire: A Case Study of How the Class Of COVID-19 Empowered Unheard Communities in the Fight for Social Justice.” Publisher: Springer in collaboration with the Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT)
- 2022 – Research paper title: “Tools to Create Interactive Digital Learning Communities as our World Embraces Virtual Learning.” Published in Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT) proceedings.
- Telly Council and Judging Panel for The Telly Awards 2023
- Telly Council and Judging Panel for The Telly Awards 2022
- Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Judge of Student Emmy Production Awards 2021
- Chair of University of South Florida Digital Network Committee 2017-2022
- Co-chair of University of South Florida Enabling Technology Committee 2020-2022
- University of South Florida Digital Communities Task Force 2020-2022
- USF Zimmerman School Scholarship Award Committee 2019-2022
- USF Zimmerman School Social Media Committee 2019-2022
- USF Zimmerman School Executive Committee 2021
- USF Zimmerman School Undergraduate Committee 2020